Day 2 Nite: Location: Shi Lin Night Market
For those who has been to Taipei, this is definitely not new to you...because it is supposed to be one of the must go places in Taipei...This is the place where u can get to eat all the known nice taiwan delicacy that u see on tv...
The very first thing that I tried was this thing known as the Zha Ji Pai (Deep Fried Chicken Cutlet) Do keep a look out for this if u go taiwan...cos it is really very nice...all those cutlet u find in Singapore can never be compared to this...really...
I would say that it is quite a generous portion cos it only cost u NT40(SGD 2) and it is big enough to make the three(Xiaoxian, Waipeng and Me) of us full!!!This was the very first thing we had..
Moving on, this is what u can expect from Shi Lin...
U notice that the shops are so close together...although it was during winter time, it was really hot and stuffy...making me a bit grumpy...
But Ms Waipeng is forever in happy mood hahaha...
Anyway, this was the place where we settled down for some food...the ou ah jian( oyster with egg) and tian bu la(tempura)
Fyi, about the tian bu la, I was pretty eager to find the tian bu la singapore's shilin is selling, cos I was told that those in Taiwan tastes much nicer...but to my disappointment, I always got the wrong food...this is because a lot of stuff had such a name...Or rather, there are a number of ways as to how they cook this tian bu la thingy...Its original form is supposed to be fried fish paste, dipped in flour...with some pepper sprinkle on it...but Taiwanese seem to like this tomato-like sauce a lot that they put it on the tian bu la and the fried oyster..and I can tell u that if u keep eating stuff with such sauce, u get sick of them real soon...
From what I blogged on this shi lin trip, I guess u can tell that i dont really enjoy my stay at shi lin hahahah...
Anyway, in order to make ourselves more entertained, we took some short food snatching 'serial' ahaha..enjoy
No comments:
Post a Comment