Friday, June 01, 2007

I am supposed to be working on my FYP, but I can say that I have yet to really start doing it...and this feeling sucks..I was all set to blog about my FYP...cos something good happened for my FYP related stuff...but I am distracted....terribly distracted!!! I am too ashamed to review what exactly is distracting me...but obssessed is the word...sighz...

Ok back to fyp...Actually to be exact, I have started doing something...but as advised from my Professor, I should first stop doing whatever I am doing now and proceed later on after planning everything...

This post might be a little bit too lengthy, but in any case, I am typing it out...hhahaha...Ok, as I have mentioned earlier, I am having some problems with my FYP. Since it is already June now and I have yet to achieve anything, this is really bad as I need to hand in by September!!! Arghhh...Anyway, I have been quite worried with FYP since dont know when...and there seems to be no way for me to solve my problem..cos my supervisor gave me too much freedom...to put it in a nice way..frankly speaking, he aint a bad supervisor...but the thing is, he doesnt offer me alternatives...and as students, I have my limits...so in the end, due to the never ending ding dong-ing (where I will tell him what I have researched on while he will then say that the topic is no good and then ask me to seek for alternative) cos I initially wanted to do something that was closely related to Networking, something which I thought I am better in in terms of all other CE topics...

Anyway, in the end, I feel scared due to the neverending ding dong-ing and told him straight that maybe he should just give me a topic and I will do it...and I was then asked to think of a useful mobile application...and yes, somemore ding dong-ing..By the way, I dont have any relevant experience for J2ME, some programming language that I need in order to program...and I did tell him..but he said that I could easily pick up myself...

Since April, I have been trying to do some stuff for my fyp...but sadly, due to my lack of knowledge and due to my poor knowledge, nothing much was achieved and I am actually quite worried...and this went on till now...several attempts to work on it but to no avail...and I felt terrible..but I seemed pretty cool about the entire thing...cos in a way I seemed to neglect my FYP while I was actually super duper stress over it...I tried asking people...but everyone's answer was more or less the same...o, this is easy...but duh..I dont even know how to compile the codes!

Anyway, while I was about to give up, I seemed to see some saviour...who I thought made me have a new perception about my FYP...in fact, I was very motivated to work on the project..I swear!

This person, I guess is the best professor I met in NTU...yes, the best of the best...I still remember that when I first went into NTU, i din know that uni is all about being consistent and hardworking...and I seriously thought that last minute study can allow me to have good grades...but...ya...BUT ;( I was wrong...its all about hard work!! And sometimes, even with hard work, nothing is gained if u are just not cut out for the subject...

As u know, poly student suck at maths..and therefore, I suck at uni maths...and this kind hearted prof actually hold tuition session, so that we can try to catch up...tell me, how many of u has attended tuition during uni? I have to say that I am also partially blessed with a bunch of nice secondary school frends whom I can resort to in times of trouble..and I am really grateful for that =) Anyway, the teacher was still teaching me during the evening before the maths paper...although he reprimmanded me for not putting enough effort..

Anyway, I did manage to scrape through with a D for that subject...and then more disgusting subjects ahead...arghhh...and everytime when i see that prof, he would say that we can always approach him for help...but I did not approach him for any academic related matters after that...

Following that, as u know, I met some problem with IA last sem...and then...while I feel that everyone is really bad...I see a kind soul among the bad people...and he is this nice prof...yes, he was there to hear me out...and to help me analyse the situation...telling me that the biggest problem was that I lack confidence...and always think that I am at fault although I am not...

Anyway, I din look for this kind hearted prof after my problem was solved...cos its not nice to always bother a kind hearted person...anyway...then for my fyp problem, I went to look for him again...yes him again...and without fail, he once again helped me...he actually spent 2 hours going through details of my project with me despite of his busy schedule...where he also indirectly tell me that what are the flaws in my character..and how I should I learn to overcome these flaws to make me a better person...actually its not like he knows me very well...but he just told me that he feels that I should not be avoiding problems cos he sees that I always avoid problems and etcs...

After talking to him, I am somehow motivated to write the entire plan for this project..and I cant wait to start immediately...and yes, this is the something good that I wanted to talk about...

Anyway, the point is...I think that I am really blessed to meet such a nice professor who is there not only as a lecturer, but also someone who gives me correct advise and guidance in times of help...=)

No comments: