Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hmm...been doing things that I been wanting to do such as reading books that are inspiring, making some stuff with that angel clay, but I think I really need to take up some course hahaha..cos I failed at making an angel...:( But at least, I know I am capable of making roses hahaha..I shall upload photos after I successfully make a nice rose hehe...

Anyway, I think people who knows me knows that I love inspiring stories, or anything that is simply related to life, cos I believe that life is not solely about making money and enjoying...also about learning important lessons about life...and so, I always read HYR blog, cos I think I kinda like his blog, hilarious yet truthful and he is just one very down-to-earth person I feel...anyway, if u feel like reading, u can find the link on the left hand side, under favourites...

Talking about inspiring stuff, lately I have been reading a chinese book by my favourite chinese authors..called Wu dan ru, and cos I am too lazy to type in chinese now, I shall just translate it into english...

As u know, after attending the lyrics class, I am kinda sad, cos I think my chinese sucks...and I feel that I might not excel in what I really wanna do, that is, to write lyrics some day...but after reading this story, I guess I am going to just give my best...

Basically, this book contains a lot of short stories...I dont like every single one of them, but I kinda like this one...

One day, she(the author) went to attend a press conference of a asia no. 1 badminton player. As usual, this no.1 player, lets call him Tom, was asked this question: "so who do u wish to thank for your acheivement today? Cos, when we finally succeed, there is sure to be someone that we wish to thank, someone who has been your mentor.."

Tom: after thinking really hard, I have to say that I dont have a particular person or mentor to thank...if there has to be someone, I guess I will thank myself..

The reporters were all surprised by his answer..cos mmm a typical answer would be some coach of his, instead of himself..

Reporter: so why did u say that?

Tom: All the while, I have been seen as an overaged player in the team. The coach has never once seen any potential in me...most of the time, I am there so that my potential team mates get a chance to train their skills...N cos I hope to be as good as them, I always stay back to train my own skills...During one of the matches, I was asked to be in the team cos there werent enough players...and so, I am seen as one of the sacrificing player (those who are into sports should know..in a team, as long as we have some other potential players to win the match, we just need some sacrificing player to complete the team,so that the team can take part in the competition). During my first match, I met one of the best players...and no one expect that I will win the player...n then, Tom won all the way, and even beat his team mate, who is deemed to be the ultimate winner of the game..

So...why did Tom win? Because, he was always asked to play with different players..and he is so used to playing with them till he know all of their weakness and strength in his finger tips...therefore, winning them is not hard...

Anyway, the moral of the story was that...at times, when we dont achieve something, we blame it on circumstances, we blame it on the fact that we are not given opportunity..but, how many of us actually step out of our comfort zone to look for the opportunity we want? If Tom was relying on his coach to discover his potential, he wont be able to achieve wat he has achieved...cos others see him as someone who could not make it...and most importantly, he did not give up on himself although others did...so this story made me feel that...whatever things that I wanna do, I just give my best...cos only me and myself can limit myself..not anyone else...and so...whoever reading this...pls take note that u shld never limit on situation, instead, please ask if u urself are the one who is restricting urself...

After typing this, i feel that this seem to be a chain mail hahahaha...but its not!! Its supposed to be inspiring

No comments: