Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Lately, or I should say all the while, I been pretty impressed + amaze by how people can still remain humble and sincere + the ability to 一视同仁( for the sake of Zan whom I know reads my blog from time to time, this words means to treat everyone equally and fairly regardless of the status and all). The reason why I say so is because, many a times, when people become successful and all, they tend to forget where they started off from...or should I say, from the start, these people already know or thought that they will succeed...so therefore, when they became really successful and after they have achieved certain status, they became full of themselves...and they start to boss u around, and only have eyes from those who are of the equal status...


The reason why I raise this issue is because, lately, at least maybe for the past few months, I met a few person whom I feel are quite successful in their life...and yet, they are so humble! On the other hand, I also see some, whom I dont consider successful..but perhaps they are not bad..but yet, maybe think that they are already very successful, therefore they start to treat others who are inferior to them in terms of status badly...or maybe to a certain extend, they actually bully them! Why is there such a contrast I really wonder...


As my age goes by, I realised that I have a tendency to like people whom I think are inspiring...and perhaps this is why I really hope that I can be some successful lyricist someday..to inspire people with what I have written :P Anyway, I shant touch on those bad example...I shall touch on those who are supposed to be a good example hahahah...cos we should always learn from good example!!


First of all, its of course my favourite Professor in the university...Prof Yow :) I am amazed by his humbleness...to tell u that he is just a marketing executive..when he is supposed to be the vice dean....n...despite me being just a student, or I should say a lousy student cos I am known for my laziness + cant make it -ness haha.. + I dont know what else...but in short, I am just not the best student...and perhaps I am among the worst..but still, he still find an effort to entertain someone like me...which I am simply touch and amaze...by his kindness...cos frankly speaking, he dont need to give a damn about me when I seek help from him..or he can just give the minimum...to show his kindness on the surface..but he didnt...he went extra mile to help a lousy student like me..which I think I will remember forever...n up till now, he still try to answer my questions and all if i have any...how nice :)


Next, is this guitarist + music director whom u can see his photo in my blog from time to time...although he is the boss of some music school too...but he tells me that he is only a teacher there...and...from the way he treat his fans...or random people who ask him question in his blog..to kids he meet randomly...to old people...he treats everyone the same!!! With his sincerity!!! Not for show..but u can really see it and feel that its genuine...


Many years ago...someone who used to matter to me hell lot once told me this phrase which I felt was damn true...time will tell...


The reason why I said this is...as I grow up, I realise that either people are mean to u upfront...or either they wear a mask pretending to be nice...and as u go along...their mask got ripped off..and u see their true colors...and this is also the time when I get super disgusted by mankind..the super duper ugly side of mankind...and many a times...people just like to throw weights around u...as though they are some big f*** haha...yes I know I am damn vugal :P But I really tink so what!!! I cant help but feel disgusted to those who pretend to be nice!! Boo...cos like the saying goes..time will tell...dont try to act nice...when u r not la...cos as time goes by, the truth will come to light...

Anyway the two examples above...are people whom I think are genuine....simply because...for example 1, who is my prof...most people tries to be nice cos they see that u may be advantageous or useful to them in future...but obviously, judging from my prof status and my status, there is no way that I will be 'useful' to him in any sense...thats why, I know that he is genuine...

As for the guitarist...same here, given his status and my status...i dont think that I will be of any use to him either...so are the kids..the old people...and those random people...

N I hope that if I become successful someday, I will also be like these 2 examples :)

No comments: