Saturday, October 18, 2008

I have been watching 超级星光大道 3rd season from tudou ever since I got the link from Christabel...who told me that she's been watching it through tudou..for those who are interested, this is the link that was provided to me http://www.tudou.com/home/user_viewDiary.php?vlog_id=1032987 . What I can say is that, wow, their singing skills are really good...and watching these video definitely allow me learn something from it...

Anyway, I have always been a music fan, I love to watch music shows, from competition to concert to whatever that is related to music...other than that, I will also visit places with live band, and if they are good, I will visit them quite often...ya, I am a true blue fan...talking about this, last night, I went to Ai qing hai also known as dreamer music cafe with Jo...I have to say that it wasnt a very pleasant experience..


Dreamer cafe has always been a music cafe that is well known for singing chinese pop songs..and is in fact one of the few chinese music cafe in singapore...and it is also one of the oldest...singer like Cai Chun jia...Cai li lian used to sing at dreamer cafe...the last time I went there was like few years ago...and yesterday, I was really looking forward to my visit to dreamer after making a last minute decision with jo...

When we went there, the food was served before the drinks...the food was ok only, not particularly nice...but they were pricey, 2 chicken wings for 4.80..I would say that price doesnt matter if they are really nice...the chicken wings were not bad, but was kinda salty..and definitely dont worth 4.80...the bubble tea werent fantastic too, but they cost 14.80 per glass, that is before gst and service charge...but again, since they primary reason was to go listen to some nice songs, so the food, in a way doesnt matter that much, that is, provided that the singer sang well..


Anyway, there were 2 singers (1 male and 1 female) and a keyboardist...I know that I am not a professional and is in no position to criticise how badly people sing...but I thought they sang ok only...however, to me, actually, I dont think that singing very well or not is the key issue..cos us, being consumer, love entertainment...and as long as they make us comfortable, that's most important...and the next thing is that, sincerity to me, is the most important factor...on the whole, i thought the male singer was better, not in terms of the singing skill, but how he presented himself..as compared to the female singer, who constantly act cute...by speaking like a kid...and apparently, she didnt come well prepared...cos when it was her turn to sing, she is still looking for the lyrics...and she can spend like a few minutes complaining that she cant find her lyrics...other times, she will spend some time looking through the list of dedication, and was really indecisive on what song to sing, complaining that there were some problem with her chair, complaining that she forgot how to sing the songs n etcs...when she does that, I was really doubtful about her professionalism...and if she was really there to sing cos she enjoy singing or was it because she is purely singing for the sake of singing...and she really appear very unprepared...

I am someone who love music..and to me, if u intend to perform in a pub, regardless of whether u wanna sing or play any instrument, do it with the intention to perform cos u love music, and u are trying to sing it with ur heart and soul..to let others who come for you enjoy themselves..if you are singing for the sake of singing, or for whatever reason, then just go to the ktv to sing, dont be a performer if you dont really love music...cos u let those who come especially for you down...and seriously speaking, they made me feel that it aint worth spending those money (cos apparently, the price was quite steep as compare to normal cafe) just to see such a performance...and I would rather go to dragonfly or lunar, where those performer are really well prepared ( cos they dont even need to refer to the lyrics) and they dont complain or act cute like those in these cafe...

With that, it really made me and my friend kinda uncomfortable with what was happening...not to mention the certain point of time where the singer sang a song that was beyond her limit...some ultra high song which made people uncomfortable while hearing her sing...while we were feeling kinda unhappy (when it is supposed to be relaxing cos its a fri nite), they said something which made me really unhappy...someone dedicated mavis hee's song ming zhi dao. While this girl mention that she is going to sing ming zhi dao, the guy said," o, your dress resemble those of the mental hospital" what the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to mock someone?? I wonder if he really think before he say, or he is just some no brainer who says before thinking..and what is his intention of saying those? If he thinks its funny, guess what? he has offended one of his audience below, or I should say 2, cos my friend werent too please hearing those words from him...If he is trying to be funny, please learn to crack a joke not at the expense of others...and my friend were saying, luckily this is not her first visit to the cafe, if not, she will never patronise the cafe again...so the people really play an important role...n for me, someone who has not went to this cafe for some time, I will definitely not go if I know that the girl or guy is performing cos I wasnt exactly please with their actions..

No comments: