Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Ok...I am feeling kinda excited now..I think I am really glad that I wasn't posted to Czech hehe...initially, I was asked to go to czech, go to netherlands...for project purpose..however, it was cancelled due to some reasons...anyway...i would love to go to these places some day..however, currently, I think I am really having loads of fun...doing this melody class...i think I will be upset when the lesson ends..

Actually, doing music course is something which i wanted to do since young...I always felt upset that I didnt take any one of them...so i am feeling really glad that i did keyboard, lyrics writing and now melody class...just last year, I was full of hesitation...should i take lyrics class? should I take keyboard class? Should I take melody class? The reason why I hesitate is because...as we grow older...we have less faith in what we learn and do...and I was quite worried that I will be one of the worst student...and that I dont have a talent in these...having gone through the lyrics class..which i must admit, was stress at certain point, cos my chinese, compared to many, is still miles and miles apart, but then, come to think of it, i enjoyed it...and it makes my life balance...when i was having my difficult times in my previous job...i was happy that the lyrics class has helped to pace me...and it is definitely something i can look forward to every week....with that, i enjoyed myself loads...and then i was thinking...what's next...

I was thinking of melody class...but i have never written a melody....hahaha...the reason for taking it was...i realised, i am not good at grabbing the right feel for demo handed to me...so that was the main reason why i wanna do melody class...in order to do that, i need to learn an instrument...and i chose keyboard..cos i thought female look cool playing keyboard hahahah...and learning piano has been a wish of mine since young..and keyboard, i guess is the closest hehe...and oh ya, i once took guitar during JC first 3 months course n i felt i suck big time(the only song i can play using guitar was xiao mi feng, little bee)...so i decided keyboard...

Actually, i have to admit...i was quite skeptical about me picking up keyboard...reason being, mmm i really dont have much faith in myself...i am not a typical leo, people say leo are full of confident, unfortunately, i lack that...and perhaps due to the prior experience with guitar, i was really skeptical...and i guess i was lucky, i had a very encouraging teacher, which helped me eventually feel comfortable with keyboard...i wont say i am good, i think i am still amateur, but i feel comfortable...feel happy with what i can do currently...

N as i learn keyboard...i was also keeping track of melody class...and finally, i took the melody class...this class, to me, is indeed an eye opener...I suddenly realised why people says that melody composer are more fortunate compared to lyricist..hehe...cos in a way, lesser restriction cos u are not restricted by lyrics...since melody most of the time, comes before lyrics...but of course, writing melody is definitely not easy...i am still try to grasp the idea hahaha...and i am surprise and also happy that i managed to write mmm 5,6 songs till now...to me, its an achievement :D

Learning melody composing, wasnt just only about melody composing, i also learn quite a bit of music theory, chords pattern and all....and i have to say, the many first time was given to melody composing...

Firstly, as of now, my keyboard teacher has yet to touch on finding chord of a song...and i was doing it(finding chords for the song i wrote) since my first song...3 months ago...i was glad i can still satisfactorily get the basic chords right :D actually, to be honest, i see that(the need to find my own chords) coming, so, i tried my best to find chords and listen each time i practise in my keyboard class..and i was glad it was a great deal of help :D N then, the next challenge was finding the melody and the base (ok i have the misconception that we need to have an intro melody....so i did this)...and then...hahaha...I also try and see if my idea works...and yes, it works too... :D and for me, these 2 are the big break through achieved...actually at the same time, i have problem finishing playing a complete song on my keyboard in the past...and this melody composing course has forced me to do that...cos i dont have sophisticated software that can allow me to chop them up...and connect part by part, so i need to complete playing the full chords for my song in 1 goal...so i tried...and to be honest, when i first started, i played until my hand has blister hahahaha...but slowly, get the hang of it....

Then...of cos, i also learn quite a fair bit on how to write melody...and also identify my mistake...before this class begin, i once wrote 1 melody...hahaha but it was not a song! lol....cos it doesnt have chorus lol...and it is only when the class start then i start to write..where my first song was not complete initially...i felt that it was completed but i was told that it is not hahaha...i am glad i can write a complete song now hahahahah, regardless nice a not, its a song! lol


Besides that, i think i felt very enlightened about chords...how interesting can they be! and i am still in the newbie exploring stage...and those alien chords, frankly, gets me excited, ok, i am mad...lol

Anyway, in short, i enjoyed every bits of this now :) its certainly enjoyable...not forgetting the nice classmates and teachers we have




No comments: