Haven been putting much photos into this blog because I am quite lazy :P and secondly, the first time when i tried to do so using my xiao bai, there was some errors...so i gave up...so therefore, I am here digging out some photos to put it here....First of all, for some reasons, I am feeling damn sianz now..I dont know why...just moody...I think I have this thing in me, once in a while, I just dont feel like doing much...as in, I just feel like rotting...or rather, have some time for myself to feel emo about it? Ya, I am just weird...no doubt about it...:) One of my to do list for today, is to complete the draft of Val's wedding song...but I have yet to do so!!! :( I dont know when will i be doing it..but I guess I need to do it real soon, cos I am running out of time! Ahh...feeling kinda stress over this :( But again, cos she is my best friend! So I need to do this for her!
Anyway, the past 1 month has been rather hectic for me! Cos I been attending so many birthday parties, wedding and all...till I am so broke! Melody class also came to an end...coincidently, one day after my birthday...ok perhaps I can blog something about this melody class thingy...
Actually apart from learning melody composing, I also did keyboard and lyrics writing course in my current music school...I have to say, hmmm this music school, up till now, still gives me the same feeling when i first step in...Frankly speaking, ya I do have passion in music since I was young...I thought of learning, but mmm due to financial constraint, I drop that idea...
Subsequently, when i grew older, I did look around, to see what is there to learn..but many a times, it brought about nothing apart from disappointment...because those schools are far to commercialised...they just make u feel that they r after your money...and so, I sort of decided that I will totally drop the idea of taking up any music lessons...or rather, I will continue to sing whenever I feel like it....and write my so call lyrics for myself or my friends..that's all...
N then one day, xiaoxian gave me a complimentary ticket to watch 933 melody award...some time in 2007 i think...and I remember that Eric was one of the guest who was invited to present awards...actually I roughly heard his name before many many yrs ago, as in, i know that there is a guitarist called Eric Ng, and I also know of a composer called huang yun ren from ktv...but I didnt know that they are the same person...ok anyway...at that point of time, 881 was a blast
, I too, was one of the 881 fan...as in, i like that movie (although i cant remember what that movie was about) hahaha...erm but anyway, i felt that the movie's success was attributed to the music director, i.e. the person who place whatever songs u can find inside the movie...and
i got to learn that he was the music director( actually until now, i am still not sure if music director means he arrange the sequence and decides which song to include in the movie..) but i take it as it is the music director's job to arrange the sequence and think of which song to
include in the movie....ok anyway...having said that, of course, i was really impressed with the music director...so, I managed to see this music director from the indoor stadium screen for the very first time...At that time, he appeared quite cute cos he was always laughing...and he has got a fringe, so i was thinking...this person is quite funny and cute huh...and he mentioned about his blog...and also his school...and so, i went to check out his blog....
From his blog, I felt that he is really quite funny...and plus he is really humble! N it happened that the point of time when i read his blog was during one of the worst time of my life...and i have to say, his blog really cheer me up quite a bit, cos it was really funny. Apart from being funny, there were inspiring thoughts here and there...so with that, ya, I became a fan! At the same time, it also rekindled my interest in taking up some music course...cos i realised that he has got a music school..so, i decided to check it out...
I have to admit,i was pretty skeptical...cos, mmm all music schools in sg doesnt give me a good feeling...but i still went ahead to check...with some doubts of course..and I have to say, the school changed my perspective in music school..cos the teachers, xiaohan, jim and eric are all nice people...and they dont really draw a line between u and them..which is quite hard to come by in times like that...my very first course was with xiaohan, doing lyrics writing....and I must say, i learn a great deal of things from her...and she can be really funny at times...:)
N in order to take melody composing, i decided to take keyboard...and yes, I took that( still taking now) and then finally melody composing....this melody composing class is really enjoyable!!! The classmates were fantastic! We r even planning a trip to taiwan :D N I also learn a great deal in this melody composing class...n somehow, our class is always filled with laughter :) so, to the melody folks...thanks for all the fun and laughter....and definitely, other than learning how to compose melody, I also learnt a lot about chords...which is also something that interest me quite a bit...
So here's some photos that were taken...:D









Anyway, to a certain extend...I feel that I dont have any right to say that I have passion in music...because I am not driven at all :P One of my melody classmate once told me...its not about whether you can or not...it is how much u want it...and I think its true...because my effort doesnt really qualify my passion...many a times, I hope I can be more driven..but maybe because I have too many things on hand...and I am a lazy person...I need to be pushed before I really do something...:P like...mmm when there is a homework, I will try to write a melody, when there isnt any homework, then i will just slack...so I do feel lousy about myself...cos my melody folks...and also a few lyrics writing friends are really driven! They spent almost every night, or at least 2,3 nights a week writing songs....me? mmm I dont even spend 1 day sometimes...yes, I feel bad... :( Last week, I decided that I should practise my keyboard hard...but I didnt practise at all...I promised to write val's song, at least the draft by today, but, I am only done with the verse :( I feel bad :(
No comments:
Post a Comment