This week, I kick start with writing a melody once again...i dont know why, it just came to me, so I decided to just write it! :D But i didnt manage to finish it yet, only had the verse...and i did think of a chorus, but because i have to change focus, i haven had the time to see if the chorus really match the verse...and so, what was I busy with? Well...our keyboard teacher tasked us to do up a mini performance in class tomorrow! So i was trying to see how i can vary patterns...cos, frankly speaking, varying pattern, or rather, planning a song beautifully is like the biggest challenge for me! N I have yet to do up a version!!! Jialat...but i did try to listen to the original piece and see if there is any pattern i could try to adopt...hehe..cos i rem Eric mentioning that usually the band try to do a cover for a song...i.e. playing as close to the original..and then learn from there...i guess that is what we should do...
Other than thinking of how to plan the song, I was also having a big headache upon seeing this task val threw to me...one of my closest friend, val, is getting married this sunday!!! Feel really really happy for her :) N because my dear friend is getting married, I am of cos one of her bridesmaid...I have to say, its not easy to be a bridesmaid! Cos as the bride prepare her stuff, we are kind of involved too! Went for a hen's trip with her in september...then had meeting on how we are going to sabo the guys as usual hehehe...and if u think thats all...no no no...cos her wedding has got a theme, shanghai jazz, so i had to wear cheongsam, so which means i need to go scouting for cheongsam...and then, cheongsam need to match with heels,not flats, so again, i need to find heels....so busy!!! N besides that, i also tried writing a wedding song for her! But she wasnt able to use it, cos it doesnt really go with her flow...ok nevermind, because its like a new try, to write a marriage song!!! :D N previously, she mentioned that she hope i can sing for her wedding...and since she didnt came back to me, i thought maybe she drop the idea...but oh no, she didnt! On monday, she asked me what song i wanna sing...so it got me headache...and then i was trying to research on any suitable songs that I can sing for her wedding...
You see, duets are way more than err solo...as in for marriage theme especially....and finally i found them!!! Then i sang to her, and see which she prefer...N then, i was worried the band couldnt find the chords on the spot, so I tried to do some chords picking for those songs...but end up, they can la...so...it became a training for me! haha...with that...I spent my week, even at night, finding songs, picking chords....but, all was good....and i think chord picking is addictive!!! When i start doing that, i will keep wanting to explore...and see if i can use this chord here, this chord there....and then, what other chords i can use....and etcs...when i just started chords picking, i only pick basic chords...but i have since then move on to more complicated chords! :D hehehe...and i think thats an achievement! Having experienced those 'achievement' it spurred me on to further pick chords...till i think i reached a certain level of being obsessed with picking chords..hahaha...ok, i am just....a music nerd :)
Ok, that briefly sum up my week....and now, i should go think of planning tong hua...and also rehearse my song :D
No comments:
Post a Comment