Ok, I gotta jolly well admit my obssession..hahahaha, Yes I am still obssessed with my korean drama hehehe...and yes, I am done with Goong hahaha...
Some comments about drama serial. Sometimes, I feel that there are few imperfections that are prevalent in korean drama serials,
First and foremost, in korean drama serial, at least for the few serials I have seen, mcp is always present in the serial...although it is the presence of mcp that sometimes make me like the show in a way.
Next, this is also rather significant in taiwan drama serial...at some point of the drama, it seems that it doesnt flow that well. What I mean is that the whole story doesnt seem to be very smooth...causing a slight dryness in the show that we are watching...
Last but not the least, the binary relationship...in some korean show...
Aside from that, let's talk about the good things I like of korean show. Almost in every show, they constantly emphasize directly, or indirectly the importance of family bond and respects to the elderly. This is something commentable.
For example, in da chang jin, xing niang shi ba sui, full house and princess hour, they bring in their culture, such as their dress sense, some practises of koreans for example, using the great queen, who is dressed in korean traditional costume in princess hour to indirectly show us some of the culture of korea in olden times...
At the same time when they are preserving their culture and showing us their culture through drama serials or movie, they also show us the modernised side of korea, where palace has the latest electronic products such as a plasma tv, which in turn lead me to think that it was an attempt for them to link both the korean culture to the modern world, to tell people that even though they value their culture a lot, but at the same time, they are keeping their pace well and that they are very proud and happy to be who they are...this is something I really like about korean drama.where they bring out their love for their country and culture, which I dont recall seeing it constantly as compare to other country's show...
Last but not the least, a constant portrayal of family values, where they bring in their grandmother in most shows, where grandmother's opinion is very important, which I think partly lead me to think that the grandmother, in some ways is a figure represent korean's culture that has been passed down generation by generation. I am not sure if I have dicypher the intended meanings correctly...hahaha...no offence if I say something wrongly...ok that's all... lol..
Happy Deepavali and Hari raya puasa...and yes, waiting for tuesday!!!
Monday, October 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment