I just came back from a movie marathon...cos i watched 2 movies at one goal...the first movie was the day the earth stood still...and my conclusion is that, that's a total waste of money...cos...i find it a bit senseless...
Thereafter, took a 20 minutes 'break' and continued with the show i been wanting to watch, 海角七號...and i have to say that its really nice...I am not sure if 春天吶喊 really came about by the way it was portrayed in the movie..cos in the movie, it shows that they actually had audition for the people in Heng Chun, where they choose a band to represent Heng Chun...what interest me is not exactly the story line, but the things that were choosen to be part of the movie..which I feel, is a representation of taiwanese culture...prior to watching this movie, I've heard critics about this movie...where it says this is a movie that strongly represented taiwan's culture...and I couldnt agree more with this culture...
Firstly, the place choosen, was one of the most beautiful beach in taiwan, Ken ding(墾丁0, where it is a popular choice, even among taiwanese to getaway because of its nice beach...and water sports...aside from that, 米酒 is also something that is within the chinese culture...as we know, in the past, chinese drinks 米酒...so here comes a salesman in the movie, who constantly promotes the 米酒...
Next up, it is a known fact to many that taiwan's 原住民 are generally musically inclined...therefore, in this show, we have Fan Yi Chen, the guitar man, and this old man, who sings 原住民 songs...among them, they made one of the old man play different instruments, including the bass which he has never played before, reason being( this is purely my guess), to re emphasize their musicality...besides that, they also included traditional chinese musical instrument such as the harmonica(this can be english too, but its traditional la) and the guitar-like instrument which the old man always play...in this movie, they also demonstrated the special relationship that the taiwanese used to have with the japanese...which I think I can cross reference to a taiwanese movie(cant remember the title)...and lastly, the emphasize and contribution to chinese music industry, by holding concerts, song writing, forming band..and performing in public...
N with that, ya, i think this is really a good movie...with good portrayal..of taiwanese culture :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment