Time flies! Today is 31st december 2008, the last day of 2008!
I would have to say that this year seemed to be quite fulfilling for me, quite a good and nice year too...and I do hope that 2009 will be as nice or better than my 2008
Having said that...2008 was really fulfilling..cos I felt that, there are many initiatives taken...many things achieved...all, with respect to my own point of view...
Since young, I was taught by my dad that success is definitely not measured by wealth...rather, it is how much u have achieve..and achieving what is deemed to be important in accordance to ur definition...so what do I mean?
Firstly..as many friends know, I love music since dont know when...maybe it was when I was 3 years old, when I was taught to sing top of the world at my grandma house, when I was taught to sing this song, jesus love me yes i know, for the bible tell me so...anyway, in all aspects, I think lyrics to me, is the most wonderful thing u have in a piece of music..I do love melody, but I am more attracted and impress by those, who can beautifully pen your emotions into a song, where the melody plus the great complement of the lyrics, made that piece a wonderful piece of music...though i have always wanted to learn a musical instrument...I have always like lyrics writing...but circumstances has restricted all these...and these circumstances were mainly attributed to the fact that I was schooling in ntu, where my finances and my time doesnt permit me to do that...if u recall, ever since i start blogging in blogger, I been complaining how hard i struggle in school..so, how can i survive if i still add on new burdens...by taking up new things?
Anyway, since i started work this year...and by chance, I found a music school which is not really commercialised, with great talents as teacher...therefore...I decided to take up lyrics writing course with one of the best lyricist in sg....Xiaohan...till now, i am still feeling glad that i took this course :) thereafter, i also took up keyboard...a musical instrument which i been wanting to learn since dont know when...
Seriously speaking, though i have yet to write any songs for any singer...nor did i showcase my keyboard skills, but to me, these are my real achievements that I cherish for 2008 :),going through a proper lyrics writing class...and being able to play the keyboard... it is an achievement cos these are what i been wanting to do, n i did it finally....and my intention is to take up melody composing class, to better understand melody composer, which hopefully helps in lyrics writing...a sweet nice fren of mine even tell me to inform him when i am in the melody class..and i asked him why..he said...he would like to get me a small gift for doing that, cos he knew that this was what i intended to take since 1 yr ago...but circumstances made me unable to do so...therefore, becos of the determination plus the finally achievement, he thinks i deserve a gift..haha..and to start with, we are not even very close friend..but that was indeed encouraging hehehe...and, seriously speaking, I really enjoy these music classes...and they have indeed added nice sparks to my somewhat routine working life
Other than the music aspect, which i have to say, form 70 percent to the definition of fruitful 2008, i have to say that I am really glad that I have finally got over and is done with...the stupid degree course, that almost made me bonkers...gone were to sleepless nites becos of exam worries, assignment worries, exam result worries....gone were the days to poor schooling life...to be exact, i felt reborn again...especially after taking the music class hahaha...i think i have mentioned umpteen times that my uni life is defined as the worst period i have ever been through..and, during the last 2 yrs especially, i felt that my soul was dead already...cos it has been extinguished by the tormenting uni life...and yes, it is really that bad...and i am happy that I have been revived in 2008! hahaha...i dont mean that uni sucks..but perhaps its the course i am in...yes, i chose the wrong course...
With that, its back to the same old story, of choosing the wrong course, but why not quit question...well...ermm i think i mention several times...cos it was a promise to my dad, that I will complete the degree course...and for him, i decided not to go back on my words though i wanted to do that like 100 times throughout the 2 years...n with that, i define another achievement as obtaining the degree, attending the convocation in july...as yet another important achievement, not because I am feeling the wee wee wa wa of being a graduate..but the promise made to my beloved dad...i hope that wherever he is, he is proud of me
Many years ago, I very much hope that i can be a consultant...hahahaha..and if possible a career woman...though i am not a career woman yet, but...i am glad to say that i have gotten myself a consultant position, in a company which is deemed to be the nicest company to be in...and till now, i am really thankful to be in where i am...so yes, this is another achievement :)
Lastly...in 2008, i think I knew a lot of nice, good and kind people..who have definitely added sparks in my life...bringing indescribable joy to me...and i am really really thankful...to the one up there, allowing me to know so many wonderful people :) may 2009 be as good as 2008!
With that....I am done with summarising my major significant milestone of 2008..and may 2009 be a nicer n better one :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment