Ok...I am blogging again...cos I felt like blogging on an incident that I came across today...
Today, we did a farewell dinner for Zinyan as he is leaving the company...after dinner, I suggested that perhaps we can lou hei too..reason being, mmm out of the 7 of us, only 3 of us are pure chinese who lou hei before..an another friend christy, who is an indonesian chinese..whom I am not sure if she lou hei before...and besides that, 3 others were non chinese..n 2 of them were non singaporean..so i was thinking, hey why not do the lou hei thingy with them...
It was kinda fun, introducing this thing to them...cos u see, since they are new to this lou hei thing, they had endless questions for us hahahaha...like, how it should be done...and why are we doing it and all...the funny part was when i started teaching them chinese words to say when they lou hei...and the easiest among them all is Huat Ah! HAhahaa...also taught them wan shi ru yi...but Ram who knew a little chinese words(mostly bad ones) started to showcase his chinese words such as 你們白痴for lou hei-ing...which was totally inappropriate...it was a fun session...cos they asked me questions which i have never thought before..such as...what if they accidentally drop it, but frankly speaking, we were supposed to drop them hahaha..and another asked...if someone drops it while saying some nice stuff, can he try to catch it below..n if he does, does it mean that he would get the whatever nice stuff the person drop? N can they snatch other pple's when they lou hei, to snatch away whatever things that the others drop? n can they only say gong xi fa cai all the way...it was really funny...However, come to a point when we started doing it, we were actually quite loud...and I did ask them to be quieter...anyway, suddenly while lou hei-ing this woman, whose table was separated by ours by the conveyer belt said we are too loud and shouted at us to keep our volume down..initially i felt quite paiseh...cos we were really loud...and so, i did ask them to quieten down...but frankly speaking, its hard to keep quiet when u do the lou hei thingy cos its supposed to be funny, loud and fun...and then...suddenly the woman said something like we are selfish and stuff...and come to that point, I started to feel a little pissed...
First of all, we were at sakae sushi where the lou hei thingy were provided...and since it is a restaurant and since it caters for lou hei, we are not in the wrong to speak louder than usual when we lou hei...we did keep quiet for moments..but instead of appreciating, she used more words to put us down, thinking that we will be submissive enough to whisper when lou hei-ing just because she ask us to do so...with her was another guy, who seemed to be out there, trying to show his macho-ness cos he asked the woman if she wants him to go over...at that point of time, I wasnt very happy cos she kept complaining, saying that we are noisy, we are selfish and all..and so, I said out loudly to Christy, to let her hear me...'Sometimes I dont understand why some people still come out of their house if they cant stand noise' and Christy said something like, Ya we shouldnt care, I am only concerned about my fortune hahaha...and the woman actually shot back, saying something like if u care about ur fortune, blah blah blah, which i didnt hear...and that guy, who tried to show his machoness also stood up (I think this action was really...for the sake of showing his machoness) as though he is coming to confront us...and we of course werent in the mood to fight with them..cos its a joyous season...and so, Zinyan actually apologise to that guy and they were still unhappy...
Anyway, thereafter, when i went to the toilet, while walking, I was thinking, am I being too petty to feel angry with that woman? Or is she being too much? I came home and told my sisters about it...and they had the same thinking as me...obviously, these 2 people seemed to be dating( i am not sure if they are, but from their age, i dont think so) or are they throwing their heart out to each other...but frankly speaking, we are in a restaurant where groups of people will go there for gathering....ok, I have to agree we are a noisy bunch today(like those typical students who are loud when having fun), but then again, what's wrong?! It's chinese new yr! N the thing is, this is not a fine dining restaurant, or some very posh restaurant where dropping a spoon or a fork = creating noise...so why kick a big fuss when others have apologised? N in the first place, if u can stand noise, why come to public?? U can by all means go to a posh restaurant, doing fine dining if u need that kind of peacefulness...or u can sit by a beach instead of coming to a shopping mall where its of high chance that u meet noisy people like us...cos, big group usually equates to laughters and noise...and i also realised, these type of people usually think that the peanuts they are paying means a lot...so they need to be given top notch service...they seriously need to be educated..
Anyway, with this incident, I am reminded that, I should never be like them...who are so full of themselves..and at the same time, maybe I should try to ren....and not be too affected by others...who aint significant to my life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment