These few days, by far, has been pretty packed and interesting :)
We had a secondary school gathering at Northpoint (Yishun as usual) and the turn out was simply amazing...cos its like more than half the class were there! :) N we took a photo before leaving...
N on sat...the long awaited play is finally here!! Starring one of my favourite guy hahaha! Joeseph Cheng! Among all emerging taiwanese idols, I think I prefer him the most! In fact, 3,4 years ago, I was really crazy over him..hahaha..cos it was at one of the lowest point of my life that I came across his drama..that made me happy after watching it...I saw him once when I went taiwan about 2 yrs ago(gosh, time flies!) N from what I remember, he only came to Singapore once in 2005...and after sooo sooo soo long, he finally came to singapore again this year..(gosh 4 yrs apart!)
Anyway, before I watch this play, I did hear that it is quite a nice play...and since it is here in SG because of the huayi festival..it is supposed to be some arty play..and it turned out to be a very arty play...though it is kinda realistic too...
The play has an office setting...mainly talking about office politics...how people who are seemingly having a harmonious relationship is actually fighting for some positions up there...and the different, ambiguous relationship among each other...
At the start of the play, Joe, who is starred as a young guy had a think aloud point...where he said something that I guess many, who has just started out in working life would kinda agree
1. Why do we have to work from 9to5 instead of 3to5?
2. Why the weekends can only be 2 days?
3. Why do we have to start out at the bottom..and by the time when we are up there, we are already old and grey...
I thought that was kinda funny haahaha...him thinking about things that will strike on us when we are in a lazy mode to work hard...thereafter, he joined a firm...where there were many politics in there...
There was a girl, who is always scantily dressed..who appear to be very seductive towards the CEO...the CEO seemed to be interested in her, inviting her to have dinner with him..which made her think that the CEO is really taking an interest in her since he actually invited her in front of the GM who used to be his ex wife...but only to realise that he is about to sacrifice her, to their client...who seemed to take an interest in her...
There was also female GM, who used to be the ex wife of the CEO. She is obviously a very smart woman...who is full of politics..while having an affair with her male secretary, when they appeared to be in love with each other, they are actually entangled in a relationship where the CEO make use of him to spite the CEO while the secretary make use of her, to get up the ladder...n at the same time, as he is jealous of the CEO and wish to have what the CEO has..(which includes the ex wife), therefore, he is having this affair with her...
Besides that, there was Joe, who is a young innocent guy( i would name him a female version of a bimbo), who is really cute in this show because of his bimboness, creating lots of laughter here n there.) Being young and innocent, he was part of the political play...and of course, he was some victims, who was being made used of...and in the end, was killed by mistake when the male secretary accidentally pull him along when he jumped off from thr 99th storey...
The supporting case was really strong, which includes the scantily dressed girl, the CEO, and a few others who are there to demonstrate the politics within the company...and because all of them did a good job, it was indeed a very nice drama...
I was especially touched and impressed with their efforts to personalise it according to countries, cos they actually added some singaporean stuff into the play...which includes trying to speak like us, adding english words here and there...adding singlish words like wa lau...and when Joeseph asked his CEO which book to recommend, he actually recommended a book about our Senior PM...so, I am really touched by their efforts...
At the end of the play, as mentioned, the secretary and Joe died...and it was all because of the political play...partially attributed to the fact of his ambitiousness...and also Zhang Ai Jia's persistence to get what she wants from those political play...and until the harm was done(when the 2 lives were lost), it was there and then that they realised...how being overly ambtious, overly smart...and overly smart have a very big price to pay...
After watching the play, besides being v touch and impress by their efforts to be personalised for singapore, and the good show they have put up due to their professionalism, I am also starting to see theatre actor/actress with a different eyes...cos...firstly, usually they have different 'settings' and scene, at different part of the stage, when it is other's turn to talk, the rest has to come to a complete pause regardless of what position they are at...i think this is sooooo difficult...and it is a 3.5hours play..and they have to memorise everything so clearly by heart! N...its for 3.5hours...soooo sooo long...so its really not easy...
In short, its a great play!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment