Monday, March 02, 2009

As you can tell, I was pretty busy for the past 1 month or so..with work..and I can gladly say that I have finally rolled off from the project last friday...actually I am not totally very relieved or happy...in fact, there's a mixture of feelings...one thing to be glad is that, I no longer need to go to tuas..cos mmm for some reason, the metal pole in the buses..are always greasy and sticky...and the journey is long...other than the location, all is good in this project...in fact, I think I was on the verge of crying before leaving...

First of all, as u know, I am quite sentimental...and leaving some people or place can be a tough chore for me sometimes...in this project, I am really lucky that those users whom I have to work closely with are generally nice...giving me food for me to eat when there is OT...and...cracking jokes at times when we are doing OT..making the session enjoyable..ya, enjoyable OT! It's hard to come by right...besides that...I did know some people who didnt have any work relations..as in, we are on the same project(clients too), but doing different things...and I am also glad to know them...and they actually came to bide me good bye..gosh..

There was this 2 younger girls..also in the project, and i only got to know them better 1 month ago..and they actually offer me titbits..loads of them...and I am seriously thankful for that...(ps: i am easily bought over by food)...and they actually said that there are still titbits in the room and to leave, i have to finish all the titbits, if not i cant leave..which also explains why I am not that hungry though I did OT cos there were food for me...I once told them I dont think anyone working in the room will ever die of hunger :P After all the titbits...I am now having bad sore throat and feeling feverish...gosh..haha..but...its worth :P

There were others...who were fellow colleagues...from the same company as me...and one thing is that..ya, we share the same type of spirit...despite having to stay late...and all..we always make the fun out of everything...and...sometimes when we need a break, we have small talks...which were very enjoyable...so...yes, people factor are so important for me...N i seriously feel a sense of bonding there, be it with my own colleague or users

When I was about to leave, I thought I should just go to finance to bid goodbye to my users...some of them were aware that I am leaving, cos I told them few days before..(all were shock to learn that I am rolling off), and at times..they would suddenly say, so, did u change your mind? Did u decide to stay? and I have to explain to them that actually, we are not the actual decision makers and besides, my job nature...is really about leaving places once things are done since I am always on projects...and one of the user asked if they can request for who they want...haha...hearing all these made me sooo...touch...and relieved that at least, they were happy with my service to them...and most of them were very nice..and the manager said something like...hope that u will meet nice clients like us for your next project...ahh..so sweet

With that, the people factor made me so sad and totally cant bear to leave...and I have to stop myself from talking...in case I spill my tears...nice memories they have brought...and I hope that I will meet nice people like them in future projects...

Besides the people factor, I have to say I really learn a lot from this project...in many aspects...and it is definitely fruitful and a very good experience...

No comments: